From the Smart Insights blog: Some say the world is moving faster than ever, I am not sure how true that is compared to the past but things change quickly, entire industries change in a year. Waiting for the “right” time or putting all your hopes on one big project is futile and will always fail.
Big projects are not exciting, they are long, painful and expensive. What is exciting is living, marketing and working in the moment, with one simple caveat, use data to inform the filters on what you will do versus not.
An always on optimisation strategy will:
- You learn daily and can apply knowledge to the next day / week / months activities rather than waiting months for data.
- Create a culture of innovation and idea generation.
- Understand what actually does change consumer behaviour and drive results (instead of relying on best practice or case studies which can be incredibly misleading).
- Help you and others understand the importance of data and prioritisation
- Will help you celebrate more and therefore keep people motivated.
Read the full post at http://www.smartinsights.com/conversion-optimisation/investment-in-cro/