Which New Zealand Contents, House and Car Insurance providers are maximising their market share online?
Find out which contents, house and car insurance providers are taking the lead in organic search and how they’re doing it.
FIRST has investigated the organic search engine rankings for NZ consumer searches focused on contents, house and car insurances, utilising FIRST’s Ranking Based Reach (RBR) analysis framework. In addition, a consumer survey was carried out to discover what is most important for Kiwis wishing to purchase insurance.
Analysed contents, house and car online websites include:
In this Contents, House and Car Insurance Online Industry Report we discovered:
- Currently, State stands out in the search landscape followed by AMI, AA and Tower capturing a big proportion of the demand thanks to prominent organic and paid search presence.
- South African owned insurer, Youi, which launched its brand just less than a year ago is quickly catching up in terms of gaining search popularity and market share compared to leading insurance providers in the industry.
- Due to low RBR scores of majority of the insurance providers, search results are broadly dispersed among a wide range of competitors. In the competitive and margin-driven contents, house and car insurance market, providers need to optimise the most cost effective marketing channel – search.
- In our survey, it was revealed that Kiwis considered professional advice as the most important factor when considering house or contents insurance, followed by the range of cover options. Companies need to continually improve in delivering trusted, professional insurance advice, especially through online touch points.
- Popular search phrases are missing from most sites and in most cases very little is being done with organic search. By improving their RBR score, they will be able to seize opportunities to boost online sales revenues.
- A considered search strategy that integrates both organic and paid search should be a key customer acquisition channel for contents, house and car insurance providers, driving revenue and growing their share of digital spend.
FIRST uses its bespoke metric called RBR (Ranking Based Reach) to estimate how well each company is ranking in search engines. RBR provides a simple way to compare a website’s search engine rankings with its competitors. RBR is an estimate of the percentage of available search traffic a website will receive for a set of phrases – this gives the sites share of search or reach. It is weighted based on the popularity of each search phrase and the relative click through rate (CTR) of each ranking position.